We at Chem-Dry by the Millers understand that hosting during the holidays can be very taxing, and we want to help you enjoy your holiday season with as little stress as possible, so we are providing the following tips to ensure a happier, healthier, stain-free holiday season:
- Placing area rugs in high traffic areas, such as entrances to your home, will protect your carpet from unnecessary staining and wear from all the guests entering and exiting.
- Request that guests take off their shoes upon entering your home because shoes often carry dirt, debris and oils on their soles. Having people take them off should help prevent grime from being tracked over your carpets.
- Vacuuming before hosting a holiday party will help prevent everyday dirt from accumulating and setting into your carpet, before adding more dirt that may be tracked in from your guests.
- The likelihood of a spill drastically increases over the holidays. If you do encounter a stain, blot it with lukewarm water immediately to prevent it from sinking into the carpet pad. Use a cloth towel for blotting.
- Make sure to vacuum immediately after a party to avoid food crumbs from sticking to the carpet and turning into mold and bacteria. Go over the most heavily trafficked carpet areas in several directions to allow the vacuum to pick up all it can.
When the worst does happen and you notice a stain left by your guests, don't panic. Here are a few tricks to removing spots and stains right after they occur:
- Make sure you do NOT rub it in, use club soda as a stain treatment if you don't have a can of Chem-Drys spot remover
- Do not pour an excessive amount of water over the stain to “lighten it.” Although this may loosen the stain, it can also cause the stain to sink deeper into the carpet pad, making it harder to get out.
Call or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for our After the Holidays Clean up Specials!